Wednesday 7 May 2014

Completed: Wardrobe Basic Plantain...

Ahoy Me Made May'ers and other sewing lovelies! I warned you it would be back! Yes this is another item from my SWAP. The oh so basic but oh so lovely Plantain.
This one is made from a lovely soft jersey with a slightly brushed side and little glittery white bits in! They give it a nice casual marled effect. I'm so glad I picked this up in another colourway as this is the comfiest top evah!
 I could have made a size down but I wasn't after it being too fitted. The last one I made behaved very differently due to the cotton element of the knit. It tended to cling, not unflatteringly but I didn't feel I needed adjustment. There is a tiny bit of pooling around my shoulder but I think thats more due to my stance rather than my narrow shoulder as the other one looks fine.
Overall not too much to say on Plantain No. 2 except that it may be my favourite tee pattern to date! The neckline is still flattering and the shaping still looks nice over my waist with minimum swayback. Totally a wardrobe basic! This is how its often worn and how I wore it for Me Made May this week with a cardigan. I will do a blog round up either mid way or the end as I'm only doing 3 days a week.

Stats:
Fabric: Viscosey brushed glittery knit stuff from Goldhawk Road: £8
(But I've made leggings too!)
Notions: Thread £2.50
Total: £10.50 being conservative I could split the fabric cost and it would only be £6.50!
Wearability: 10/10! I could wear this all day every day and the benefit of it being Navy is its actually quite a nice neutral for me as I'm not a big fan of black, it tends to make my complexion look rather ghoulish! Navy is a good compromise so yay!
How do you feel about sewing basics? I've always preferred cake to icing in every sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...