Thursday 24 November 2011

New Patterns...

I took advantage of one of those buy one get two free pattern sales about three weeks ago but they only just arrived today!
Very annoying but at least they are here.

So heres what I got. Above is that amazing Kay Unger dress. I saw a similar one in a peach silk but I think this could make an amazing christmas dress is I could get around to it.
I got a couple of coat patterns, I know i'm sorted for this year but I really loved these and thought they would be good for future use.
I also bought these simple pjs as I intend to make a couple for friends for Christmas.
Then onto the dresses! The lovely Michael Kors dress I've been waiting for for a while. I have some fabric in mind for this one.
Most of these I want to make in some lovely warm jerseys. I am short of wintery jersey dresses that I can layer at the moment..
I think i underestimate the usefulness of wrap dresses and after my Kirstie Allsopp post I decided to get a few patterns that could be used to bulk up my wardrobe with versatile wrap dresses. Easy to chuck on, wrinkle free and great for travelling!
Finally I liked the 1970s feel of this Vogue shirt dress. The little details make all the difference. I made up my first Vogue pattern recently and I don't know why it took me so long to do it. There is many more Vogue patterns in my future!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous choices hun! I've got McCall's 5974 in my sewing queue too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can really see you in that first dress - go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - excellent choice of knit dresses! I know exactly what you mean about comfy and easy to fling on. In an 'avoiding getting down to writing a paper whilst working at home' (I was meant to be on strike - ha! Damned if you do, damned if you don't!), I compiled a list, only to recycle it accidentally, so your collection of patterns up there is dead useful!

    Question: as a UK based sewist, where do you find by one get one free type pattern sales? VOgue always frighten the hell out of me for being so pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CamberwellGal: You have to be a member for sewdirect. Its £18 per year if you just have the membership but it saves a fortune!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...