Monday 26 December 2011

What Santa Brought Me...

I hope everyone had a brilliant and peaceful Christmas. Ours was great!
I'm sure everyone has spent the day recovering from yesterdays festivities and spent the day admiring their loot... Well thats what I've been doing anyway!

I thought I'd show you some of my prized presents!
 My Anthropologie Shoes are to die for so I had to put them in this picture along with my jewellery box and a selection of my sewing goodies.
Heres what Sewing related items I got!

It was a bit of a Colette Christmas this year, I got a signed copy of Sarai's new book along with 3 of Colette's dress patterns I'd been lusting after (4 but one was a double!) I decided on the Crepe, The Ceylon and Parfait. I think Ceylon might be the first although I was equally tempted by the patterns in the book.
I was unsure that I would like the book in the beginning, I thought it would be a bit of a fluffy copy of the serious sewing manuals out there with a bit of nice photography. But I have to say it is fabulous. Sarai words everything extremely well and even at a intermediate level I felt engaged by what she has to say. Most sewing "handbooks" tend to cater for those that have never sewn a straight seam and I think that this can sometimes lead to them forgetting about those who already enjoy sewing.
I think Sarai did a great job and I'm thrilled I got a signed copy!
                                       
                                               

 I also was treated to a couple of Kwik Sew patterns I'd asked for. I have never used them before but as so many people wax lyrical about how awesome they are I had to give them a try! I have been lusting after this shirt for ages and I think it would fit perfectly within the Graduate wardrobe theme.
The second one is added to my quest for the perfect wrap dress.

                                               
Santa really spoilt me big time! I also got 3 metres of this cute sleeping beauty cotton and some fab Mid Century style Liberty Jersey named Carnaby! I had this in mind for an awesome wrap dress which would slip seamlessly into my wardrobe!
                                               
                                                     So what did you get for Christmas?

7 comments:

  1. Your Liberty print is named "Forty" - Carnaby is the type of jersey. Great haul, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! The Liberty fabric is ace - can't wait to see what you make with it. I've also gotta say - those shoes are amazing! Drool*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those shoes!!! I received an overlocker, so excited! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some awesome gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly, that is some serious loot! Can't wait to hear more about your croquis adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful gifts, and I like Cell Phone Stylus to be my gifts

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...