Time to focus on my first attempt at a real SWAP! (Sewing With A Plan) I've actually been enjoying this process so far. The ladies over at Artisan Square are very supportive and its a great achievement for me to have kept to the plan for two items!
I get so distracted and having the plan in front of me really helps.
So the progress so far is:
- Juniper Trousers -
- Salme Blazer - In Progress Muslin Stage, Fabric Ready
- Purple ponte for cardigan -
- Airelle in purple stretch cotton Completed
- Turquoise swiss dot for jasmine - Pattern Cut, Fabric Ready
- Grey lawn stretch cotton Airelle 2 or Tilly's Mathilde - Bonus Project
- Stretch dark denim for Clover pants In Progress Muslin Stage
- Charcoal grey needlecord For Grainine moss skirt. Completed
- purple jersey with white and pink stripe -Bonus Project (Not sure what pattern to use yet)
The Muslin for Clover could be tricky as I don't have a 3% stretch woven spare to practise with and it seems silly to buy fabric just for a muslin. I'm anticipating they will be terrible first time around as I struggle with RTW.
Keeping on track is never easy but I think that I'll have some great clothes at the end of the SWAP not to mention its stashbusting 5 fabrics which isn't too shabby!
How do you find keeping to a plan?