Tuesday 18 February 2014

Minerva Blogger Network: Cobalt Georgia...

Hello all! This is my first project for the Minerva Blogging Network! This was the big surprise I was working on for those who follow me on Instagram! I'm so flattered I could join in with all the other talented bloggers in the network! Minerva very kindly let me pick some fabric for my project, after lots of samples I chose this fabulous cobalt crepe. I had always wanted a slinky dress in this colour and the tone and depth is wonderful. I used my overlocker to finish the seams but a small zig zag stitch or seam binding would also look fantastic. I decided to line my bodice with some blue polycotton I had in my stash. This gives the bodice a nice finish and gives you a little extra support which I needed! I'm pleased with the fit but it needed a bit of tweaking. If I was to make it again I'd go for more of a swayback adjustment but its not a big deal. 
 I needed a seriously sassy dress pattern to do it justice. I was very lucky to have been gifted the new By Hand London Georgia pattern on a recent meetup and decided it would be a perfect pairing. I'm really happy with the result, the Crepe has a beautiful weight to it which makes it drape beautifully but I needed a bit of underwear engineering to skim over the bumps.
 I did make a small change to the bust. The cups were just a bit too high in the middle for me so I did a few lines of gathering stitch and made a more bow fronted bodice. I’m really pleased with it and I think it adds a little more interest in the “frontage.” I also shortened the straps considerably I could have done a full bust adjustment but if your looking for a bit of va va voom I don’t think you need to worry too much. 

 I've been trying desperately to branch out a little more with my poses, not much of a change but we'll get there. I've been taking a leaf out of the lovely Mary of Idle Fancy's book as she always looks so fab in photos! Us curvy ladies have got to stick together!

This is totally my go to Valentines Dress and I can’t wait to wear it for a friends upcoming wedding too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...