Tuesday 31 December 2013

2013 Review...

As usual its the end of the year and you have to do a round up!
This year hasn't been the best ever but I'm keeping it positive for 2014. Our house is further along than last year although we still have a new bathroom to afford and no carpet in our bedroom, I've had to give up my MA. I'm still totally bummed about this but i'm going to try and make 2014 the year I get a job I enjoy doing and have some time in the workplace before going back to finish it. Also WE GOT THE PUG! Pixel appeared on the 31st of May and is now happily settled in with his squeaky toys and pechant for frozen carrots. So onto the Sewing! My goals this year were simple:
No garment quota - I made 18 Garments, more than last year!
Learn to make a nice fitting pair of trousers - Do leggings count?
Make a Jacket/Coat - Tick!
Slow down and make everything to the best of my ability - I have tried to do this but not on every project.
Knit one sweater - My Miette is so almost done! I have sleeves and bindings left!
Reduce my stash (yeah right :P) - Hahhahahah
Make a capsule of key pieces, considered and budgeted - I have been budgeting my projects this year and realised I don't spent a huge amount on my sewing hobby. I'm often sewing from stash and I haven't accumulated too much more this year.

This year i've made:

  • 9 Shirts and Tops 
  • 3 Dresses
  • 1 Skirt
  • 1 pair leggings 

I currently have finished but unblogged
  • 1 Skirt
  •  2 Jackets
  • 1 Pair Leggings
Getting chance to blog has been a bit of a problem this year, I need to get back into taking my own shots with my remote and queueing posts in advance. I have probably got more finished items i've forgotten to blog but as far as sewing goes I think I just owe you 4.
Knitting has been good to me this year again mostly unblogged i've finished:
  • 2 hats
  • 1 Cowl
  • 80% of a Miette
Not too shabby! My favourite pieces this year have been both my Archers, my Moss Skirt, My Virginia Leggings and my Hazel Dress! Most of them are boring day to day clothes but they have got the most wear!




Here's hoping you have a Wonderful New Year, Thanks so much for Reading! I can't wait to meet  you and see your own creations in the new year! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...