Monday 5 September 2011

Plaid... Not impressed

For last weeks sew weekly challenge I decided to start on the cape and skirt for my fall palette. However it has been a nightmare and i'm not sure I like the results too much. The cape just needs buttons but it reminds me of a hairdressers cape!
The skirt is well made but the waistband is too short, plus I cut a smaller size and now I have to slim into it. The tweed has made the ruffles a bit bulky and the pockets aren't sitting right.
As a set it looks ok. Someone said Doris Day like and I can see that but it still needs some serious work!

3 comments:

  1. I like it as a set, I think you are being to hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence! I'm sewing a plaid cape/skirt set for fall too and didn't like how the cape turned out. I had to start from scratch, but yours doesn't look too bad. I think it will look great once you add some buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think ,this set will really be cute..once you finsih. I like it. Hope it works out for you, Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...