Tuesday 4 October 2011

Sucky Week of Sewing...

For some reason this week I can't get anything to work!

I made a wearable muslin of Vogue 1169. Not a cheap one either. In wool with a silk lining... I wanted to use it for Sew Weekly Spanish Harlem because of the skirt frill.

Sadly the skirt fit fine but when I put the lining in it didn't and I managed to rip the lining.
I'm really annoyed. However I actually like the pattern and I'm glad I didn't waste my pink wool. I'll just cut a size bigger for now.
My Fall challenges also aren't going to plan. My second cape and my check skirt are both still in pretty much pieces. I still haven't started the two pairs of trousers or 3 of the tops. Plus University has started again which means I have less time than I did before. Damn it.

How do you cope when you have lots of UFO's? I'm tempted to start something new yet again!

2 comments:

  1. Although I have many patterns and fabric to go with them I do only make up one item at a time, I would never get round to finishing anything otherwise!
    That suit is really lovely, I can understand the harlem skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to tell you how many UFO's have been neatly folded and put away for the time being. Life happens and you just can't do it all. But winter is coming and hopefully life will slow down so that my summer projects will be ready for next year.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...