Wednesday 2 January 2013

2012: The Good The Bad and The Unfinished...

Its been a rocky year, mostly in a good way. I covered all the stuff that happened in my post Re-adressing the ReSewlutions
My sewing has been slow however I did manage 12 finished objects + 5 Christmas presents
Some of these are pretty well established in my wardrobe like the Striped Renfrew and Lisette skirt.
2. My Tinkerbell Meets Obama brushed tweed Meringue skirt. (Even with the wrinkles)
 3. My Liberty Jersey Wrap Dress. This is now too big! Which sucks but I will take it in in the new year.
4.The Cherry Picked Blouse... I don't wear this very much as its a smidge too short which is such a shame. I have an unfinished tank top in the same fabric that I should really get done the fabric was beautiful!

5. My Tnt Pattern top. This is the third or fourth version and I think. I could find a new TnT by now. I really do like this shape on me but there are so many jersey patterns it would be cruel to not explore them!
However some were less sucessful although they get some wear.
6. Cockatoo Blouse, This has weird blousy bits where the fullness on the bust doesn't skim enough. I do wear it but its so thin I feel a little self concious. I still love this though with some adjustments.

7. The Clothkits Skirt, I do however like this simple skirt, it just has bad memories attached so it doesn't get worn often.

8. Petticoat. I completely didn't need this. I'm sure it will be useful at some point but its more of a silly costume item.
Knitting Projects.
I was so pleased I learnt to knit this year and I did actually finish two small projects 
1. My Honey Cowl, This gets a lot of wear. Cowls are so versatile and it taught me to knit in the round with circular needles, its not perfect but hey! its so warm I don't care!
2. My Stefanie Japel Scaflette/headband. I also wear this an awful lot as a headband. During the last chilly snap it was essential when walking home from nightshifts at 7am, its just so warm and doesn't let any air through the garter stitch. This class also taught me lace knitting!

My unfinished knitting...
This Louisa Harding top is my first go at a flat top, its lovely and i'm enjoying it but I felt it was too summery to do through winter so its in hibernation. 

I also knitted five of these frilly scarves for Christmas gifts, 
So easy and quick!

Unfinished Sewing
 My Nostalgic Asterisks dress (super see through) Colette Parfait. I'm not done with this pattern. it was too small in the bust, Jacket of Doom! Super unflattering, enough said.
My Nostalgic Asterisks dress (super see through)



I've been so inspired this year by all the amazing people and beautifully made garments that have popped out of the Blogisphere this year. I feel so lucky to be among you clever people!
As I said yesterday Happy New Year, welcome to 2013. Heres to more wonderful sewing fun!
                                                              I hope its great for all of us! 

6 comments:

  1. Happy new year! Your Liberty dress is fab- love it! Looking forward to your epic 2013 makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a fantastic 2012 Stevie - can't believe how fast you've progressed with your knitting! Here's to more and better for 2013 ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made some lovely pieces this year. Sorry to hear about the Cloth Kits thing but it's great that you've moved onto better things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Your Meringue skirt is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have produced some really beautiful things! I really love the striped Renfrew and the lisette skirt... those box pleats! Lovely!
    Happy New Year Stevie, and thank you so much for those lovely words on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! Lots of lovely garments, you made in 2012. I really like the Tinkerbell skirt, such an awesome colour!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...