You guys can you believe its been weeks since the big Minerva meetup?
I can't I meant to blog this dress ASAP but it's gone so quick time got away from me.
Nevermind here is my June make for Minerva my "By Hand London Flora Dress."
Today we decided to have a go at some natural light photos. Thoughts on a postcard please!
First off, I didn't like making this dress. No ones fault but my own, the fabric drapes like a dream but slips like a devil. Its a lovely poly, (I know that sounds like an oxymoron but it totally is.)
The colour is great and thick enough that I didn't bother to line the skirt.
But the fitting was a total nightmare. My irritating narrow shoulders told me to take out 4 odd inches from the top but this left my arm holes a little snug, which then pulled the balance off of my bust. In the end I was short on time and ended up deciding that a top underneath was better than sewing the neckline together as this only encouraged boob tightness.
I would say I could easily go down a size or two on the front but with the drape of the fabric it gave a more relaxed holiday vibe to the other Flora's I've seen.
(please ignore the pug butt, Pixel refused to be left out and made himself almost uncroppable.)
The next thing I tackled was the skirt. Very pretty high low hemline but for some one so hobbitlike as myself it was verging on indecent. I didn't mind so much when I offset the highest point slightly to the side giving myself more of a faux wrap look.
Here is how it looked on the night. I will try my best to fit in a post of its own soon!
If you follow me on Instagram you will have already seen these sneaky peeks!