Thursday 3 February 2011

Elie Saab!


Hello hello, Its been a bit of a tough week. My aunt passed away on Monday so i'm back at my parents house until the funeral which means, you guessed it! I didn't bring any sewing stuff (except my machine... Duh!) So i've had to improvise I had a few of my mums Prima patterns knocking around and a bit of Wine colour jersey and some greaseproof paper...
Weirdly greaseproof paper makes really good pattern paper! so I adjusted that Prima pattern to mimic this Elie Saab dress I saw Dita Von Teese wearing! It wasn't too difficult just moving the bodice to the side and make a gathered bra style piece.
Beautiful right? I don't want it too low though! So far so good. This is more of a wearable muslin than anything but jersey will help it drape. I also have some beautiful satin i've been waiting to use up so if this works out terrific!
Sorry the photos are so dark! its hard to see the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...