Friday 6 September 2013

Completed: Briar Love...

Well this could be my new favourite pattern. I caved and bought Briar and the Victoria Blazer not sure that either were my style or that they would suit me but i'm really loving Briar! 
This is my second version. The first may not see the blog as the neckline didn't want to play. But trust me there are far more Briar's on the horizon!
This fabric is a slinky knit I got at a swap recently. I really need to start writing down who these fabrics come from. But thank you to whoever donated this lovely to me! Its cream with gold feathers on it. Not easy to see and today I didn't have a very obliging photographer.
Due to its slinkiness i'm not 100% on the fit of this one, the neckband was a bit of a sod too, its also a little see through, but it'll be fine with a vest top underneath. This doesn't take away from the fact that I love it!
So the things I love about this pattern? The shaping! I loved the curved hem but being weirdly long in the body for someone of 5ft4 I chose to lengthen the front by an inch or so, just so it hit below my jean line.
I also love the ingenious construction methods. I can whip one of these up in about an hour after cutting. Especially with the sleeves sewn straight into the side seams. I find this restricts a little movement but not enough to worry about. This is my first Megan Nielsen pattern but its not going to be the last! I've got my eye on the Virginia Leggings now! Here's the stats for Briar No.1

Fabric: Slinky Metallic Jersey from swap 0.00 
Notions: Thread £2.50
Pattern: Megan Nielsen Briar £13 (Already used three times)
Wearability: 8/10 
Total: £15.50

I really love this top but its not the most flattering on me. Thats not to say I won't be making hundreds! I think in a thicker fabric it will make a fantastic sweater!
This is already a go-to comfy top in my wardrobe and for that I think it was well worth its price tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...