I know my history with sew-alongs has been generally poor since day one, but I've decided its my duty as a online sewist to suck it up and actually take part in one.
As I love Autumn so much I went for the Fall Essentials Sewalong, to keep me in check and make sure I get my wardrobe ready for the colder weather. A Month is a bit of a toughie but i'm hoping I can crack on and finish at least half. That way I'll have some useful layers and pretty items to boot!
Here's my preliminary plan!
- Fashionable Foundations for Frosty Weather - Zinnia Skirt in Caramel Crepe. Ever since I saw this pattern I was desperate to make it! Therefore its been pushed way up the queue. I know exactly what yummy fabric I want to use, its a bit of stashbusting and a quick make so totally a bonus!
- Chic Chemises for Cool Climates - Archer Shirt in Cerulean Chambray. This will be my third Archer and not my last! I've had the Chambray earmarked for this for a while. Its one of those classic pieces i've never owned but always wanted to.
- Fabulous Frocks - Skater Dress in Plum Ponte. This is a lovely dress and another quick make. I've done a quick muslin and had to move the waistline up and shorten it lots but now I intend to make multiples and I have a stash fabric in mind!
- Underneath it All -Virginia Leggings in Black Bamboo Jersey. Another pattern I had to have straight away! I never sew with black nowadays but I have a silky soft bamboo jersey that is begging to be made into lovely leggings!
- Those Cosy Nights - Briar Sweater in Nubbly Navy Knit. I know this is my fourth Briar but a sweater knit Briar? Thats got to be an awesome idea right?
- Baby its Cold Outside - Anise Jacket. This has been earmarked for way too long. I am going to tackle this jacket before I lose the opportunity to wear it in the cold seasons for another year. Not sure on what fabric yet though!