Monday 16 September 2013

My Favourite Season... Autumn Sewing Ideas

I have to say although summer is lovely, Autumn has always been my favourite season. Its the back to school feel, the cooler, yet still sunny weather.
Also the summer dresses go away and out come the comfy coats and jumpers and hand knitted socks! I know I pretty much do this post every year but there is something special about Autumn for me. I'm much more into layering than it all hanging out in the summer. I've been daydreaming about all the awesome possibilities there are for Autumnal outfits. Here's a few of the things on my mind sewing wise:
Shouldn't everyone own a hot pink coat? I think so! It reminds me of Kate Spade and it needn't be overly cutesy! I love the black buttons that contrast so nicely on this Boden Jacket!
Mustard is my favourite colour! If only I could find a sweater knit in this shade so I could make myself a Briar with it! I think i'd probably pair it with chambray Colette Juniper's too!
Or if I was going for layers perhaps some tights boots and this lovely henley dress. Could use McCalls 6747 and just flare the skirt a little! 
Personally I think i'd pair it with a pumpkin coat in a snuggly ponte knit like this one!
My final dream autumn outfit would be this sweater with neckline detail, paired with a Grainline Moss Skirt and perhaps a Chambray Archer underneath. 
Oooh how about a gold one?
 What Autumn outfits have you been dreaming up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...