Tuesday 18 January 2011

In my defence...


I have been looking for a dress pattern with an inverted pleat to do a version of Tilly's Birthday dress for quite a while. I have Navy fabric poised and ready in my stash...
The other 6?... Oh huh their ... backups.
The OOP McCalls Jacket took me ages to find at a decent price! But its sooo pretty and little jackets are what are missing in my wardrobe.
I did also buy an 80's new look pattern for a long sleeved dress but Ebay won't let me have the picture and I can't find it anywhere else.
Any fabric suggestions for any of these? The jacket I think in a plum or in the teal of the photo? Maybe even Tan!
I leave you with a video that always makes me giggle and just proves how obsessions can get out of hand... In a pattern buying scenario I am Carl.

CAAARRRRLLL...

3 comments:

  1. I love that dress too and can't wait to see your version! I ADORE that McCall jacket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first pattern in your stash...sooooo lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, you have two patterns that I have in my stash too!

    This summer I worked on Mail Order 4875 (sleeveless with tucks at shoulder), but temporarily gave up, due to disastrous fitting. You can read all about it here:
    http://sincerelyyours-kate.blogspot.com/2010/06/4875-tissue-fitting-and-muslin-part-i.html
    and here
    http://sincerelyyours-kate.blogspot.com/2010/07/4875-tissue-fitting-and-muslin-part-ii.html
    It should be really cute if (when!) I get it to fit.

    Last week I purchased the McCalls Jacket on eBay, because my wardrobe also lacks awesome little jackets.

    I love your taste!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...