Monday 18 April 2011

A change of heart. A change of mind... Of Pants



Here is a few of the inspirational coloured straight legged trousers even Michelle Obama is doing it!
Does anyone have any advice on good straight leg trouser patterns for the curvy among us.
I have a craving to test my sewing skills with trousers soon. Here is a few different fabrics I liked that are trouser weight.
I have bought McCalls 5142 but it is one of those ones patterns that just looks uncool in most of the versions on the packet.
I bought this coral pale pinky twill. Not quite the colour I wanted but I thought it would be fine to practise on.

How has everyone elses handmade trousers gone?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any yet, but I really want to. I daren't! I think I need a good trouser fitting book first.
    Good luck with yours. I look forward to seeing them :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine turned out fine but I think it was a combination of beginners luck and a super easy pattern! I highly recommend reading The Cupcake Goddess's Trouser Sewalong posts, they really make it all make sense. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...