Monday 18 April 2011

Lyra...DONE!

Finally this stinky project is finished.
I am quite pleased at how it turned out. Sewing wise... Looks cute on the hanger no?
Sadly am not so pleased at how it looks on me. ( My mum got cross with me for saying it was horrible on.) Apologies again for the messy hair and no makeup shots but Its been a staying in day. But back to the dress.
Its just not fitted enough for me and bust-wise the ruffles elaborate something that doesn't need more elaboration (if you get my drift.)
The high neckline and the shapeless skirt make me look pearshaped, wide on the bust but flat and SOOOO wide on the hips.
It looks slightly better with a belt but it is hardly Dress of the year.I would possibly make this dress again with shaping in, lower neckline and a zip, But I would never use slipper sateen on it EVER again. The ruffles just don't make it worth the effort.
Plus I still stand by my grumbles about the pattern being crap.
This dress has been named Lyra because of a Kate Bush song. It represents a similarity with this dress. Its one of those songs I'll listen to but don't really like...

3 comments:

  1. I love the fabric! I agree, it does look better with a belt, I really like it :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tossed some handmade clothes that were nicely made and beautiful on the hanger, but just didn't look good on me. I'm getting better at knowing what suits me, but I still experiment. And I still end up with ugly dresses sometimes. This dress does look better with the belt, but if you don't feel good in it, you might think about donating it. Life is too short to wear clothes that don't make you feel cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorge!!! The sleeves in particular are fantastic and it's such a nice colour xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...