Thursday 7 April 2011

Etta Cardigan: Simplicity 2374

Don't you find it weird when the last thing you cut up is the first thing to be done? I can't sing this patterns praises high enough. This was the most simple project I have Ever done. It suppasses the Pearl dress. This cardi has 2 pieces to be cut out of the fabric twice. But to be honest if you cut the back on the fold it makes only 3 pieces to put together. This took me half hour from cutting to wearing. Granted I haven't finished the seams except the sleeve but hey I'm impatient and I had to go to lunch with my friend today! This Jersey doesn't fray so other than serging and folding over there isn't much else to do.
I would 100% recommend this to beginners! Even impatient, disgruntled teenagers. It is a great project to introduce someone to knit fabric or even to sewing all together! The customisation on this could be endless! Overall I think this pattern could be (with a few tiny adjustments) one of my favorites.
The sleeves are 3/4 but are a tad too long. I tend to roll sleeves up anyway however I think lengthening them to full sleeves could be more useful in the winter. I would also cut on the fold for the back. This was a cheap fuchsia jersey from ebay for literally pennies. (Sorry the colour isn't very clear in the photos.) So this was also very cheap to make.
Hope everyone is enjoying their day in the sun!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stevie, goodnews I have nominated you for a blog award. You need to link back to the sender, have a look on my post, I have found it all a bit hard work although it's a lovely idea! Good luck

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...