Thursday 28 April 2011

Me Made June 11


'I, Stevie of Beebeesvintagedress.blogspot.com,
sign up as a participant of Me-Made-June '11.
I endeavour to wear one handmade item each day for the duration of June 2011'

Phew. I had better get cracking then! Otherwise June could be a very boring month!
I have finished (bar the zip, hem and armholes) My red white and blue dress. A few sneaky pictures later but i'm keeping it mainly under wraps until the London Blogger Meet.

After my little moodboards I immediately panicked when I made this pledge. 30 days!? How the hell am I going to do that!?
Out of everything I have made and everything I have planned to make so far I've worked out that it gives me... 7 dresses 4 skirts 3 tops 1 cardigan and 1 pair of trousers. When I wrote that, it seems quite a lot but I am a fussy one when it comes to my clothes, I have to be honest I'm more of a jeans and cardi girl. (Unless its winter and I can have wooly tights) I feel somewhat exposed in a dress even though I love them!
I am thinking the antidote could be knit tops and quick make ones at that! That way I can pair it with jeans most days without pushing my comfort zone too much this time around.
Heres all the top pattern contenders I own. I'm also thinking a fre cardi's like this New Look pattern,

Hopefully most of these can be made in multi versions like this one which would diversify my wardrobe and quickly! So I could bulk cut and make in batches.


I've never done a cowl neck but it was one of the pieces i'd really like to own, they are comfy and effortlessly stylish?
What are you planning for Me Made June?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a cute line up of patterns (love the second New Look set). I'm planning on doing a couple of tops for Me Made June also, so I look forward to seeing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stevie I like all of it. I know what you mean about dresses although I yoyally lovr them, I don't really concider them everyday wear. I do really like the New Look patterns, they seem to have so much in just one little envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the second set of New Look patterns - lots of scope for cute tops in there.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...