Tuesday 19 April 2011

So nearly finished... Viola Shirt

So after my disappointment with the Lyra dress. Lots of lovely people on sew weekly suggested going with my instinct and lowering the neckline which I will do when I'm back home in Brighton.
After finishing it I got a bee in my bonnett. I wanted to do something I would enjoy this time around. So I started on the Viola Shirt.
This is Simplicity 2601 in this cute (super cheap) purple flower cotton poplin.
I have to say this is practically finished! In quite litrally an evening. But I didn't bring any interfacing with me to Bristol. DOH! So after today I hopefully will grab some buttons and interfacing and tick this off the list. For all of you who know my hate of buttonholes do not fear! This pattern has button loops! ( A great way to procrastinate!)
I think the collar, buttons and finishing should only take me an evening or so. (Rubbish photo, 11pm does not good photos make.)
Then that is two things ticked off the list! I have also brought with me:
My blue and gold fabric for this skirt pre cut and ready to sew.
The Lisette Market top, also precut. In one of the fabrics I got in Barcelona
And this Simplicity shirt and Lisette Tunic are here all ready to be cut. I just need contrast blue fabric for my red white and blue version for the sew weekly meetup!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love that pattern too, its on my wish list :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it does look lovely even at 11pm! can not wait to see the skirt made up too. Hope that having made something so nice will make you feel better. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely things on your list :) I expect you've already discovered Fabricland in Bristol. I love that shop!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...