Monday 11 April 2011

Deadlines...


Does anyone else freak out when they have an event or something come up where making something is in your mind totally required with not much time to do it in?
I am going to a sewing related thing in just under a week and I am freaking out about making a dress for it.
I thought of the Macaron pattern. Its quick and easy but God damnit the fabric I wanted to use was only 1.55m and I needed 2.
I relayed this to the Piemaker bf and he told me off for even contemplating buying more fabric.
So after a mini sulk I had a light bulb.
I would use Project Runway Simplicity 2360! I went through a few pattern reviews as I was frantically cutting the pattern pieces out and everyone seems to say its easy. Heres hoping that means fast too. I took inspiration from the pattern envelope and picked out a very slinky liquid sateen I got on the internet for dirt cheap.
Not the end of the world if I ruin it although I would be upset. But stashbusting is stashbusting!
In a way I'm a bit annoyed I hadn't thought to put this into my Easter break plan. Thankfully Piemaker is away Tuesday and Thursday which gives me much needed evening sewing times to finish some stuff off.
I've cut a size up yet again so I am expecting taking in to be one of the main features of the construction as I'm not making a muslin.
Now Lets try and turn that Freak out Face into a manically happy one...

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I tend to not panic everything is fine, then some more not pannicing and then leaving stuff and then finally PANIC PANIC, it's not going right I don't have enough time to sort it AAAAArgh. Then somehow it's all ok. What a journey, every time.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...