Saturday 14 May 2011

This post is one of two parts...

We went on a fabulous trip to London Today for the Sew Weekly blogger meetup! I have to say I think It could be the most fun I have ever had ever! We met at the V&A all in our themed outfits... Went to the Yohji Yamamoto exhibition and then onwards to Goldhawk Road where the real fun began. We met up with the Goldhawk Road group who were with Karen and then proceeded to do the pattern swap... Ok so there may be more than two parts to my story as so much happened in one day.
After the swap it was shopping time and this my friends is where I will be starting the story... At the end...
Sort of.
I spent more than I had planned but got far more than I had expected and even crossed off multiple things on my list (Yes I wrote a list!) I was glad I took shopping bags with me. It was a nice mix of cheap and cheerful, mid range and "I would never spend £40 on silk jersey" kind of range.
I did end up with lots of prints again but as they are for a range of uses I'm letting myself off. I could have gone more crazy trust me.
But I got fabric for two skirts, two trousers, one cardigan and six tops (one being a shirtdress type deal.) I think if I got my butt into gear all the Me Made Months in the future would be pretty much covered!
Because this is such a picture heavy post I'm going to do it in order of garment. So first up is the skirts.
The awesome skull pansy print has been used in Topshop and is a sort of stretch cotton sateen. Really yummy and I think it could make a great "Paper Bag" Skirt. The wool tweed is a Raspberry and sky blue with white, hard to photograph but it reminded me of something from Joules and I think this could make a very wearable pencil skirt.
Next up are the trousers. After my disappointment from Croftmill I was determined to get some coloured twills so I could make up some bottoms, The purple was £4pm and the green £3.50.
This was the fawn coloured Jersey for the cardigan. I need a neutral colour although I could have done with picking up more Jerseys, I seem to be very fussy when it comes to the handle and this was the only one priced right for the quality. I had hoped to get some yellow but for some reason it never happened. I might fit a cowl top out of this too!
Finally onto the tops...

These are all cotton and the final one is a Liberty Lawn. The shirtdress is the raspberry gingham. The dobby spot is a duck egg blue like the cotton from Ditto, sadly I didn't come across any white! Did you recognise the green circles? I bought this silk cotton at £7.99pm at Ditto in pink, Goldhawk £5! The mustard colour is super light and might have to line something but it was £1 pm and the hot pink print is wonderful I think this could make a good pendrell prehaps?
Ladies, I would love to say a huge thankyou to everyone that went today. You were all charming and great fun and I can't wait until the next time!
More photos of the day to come!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like you had a great day! :) I can't wait to see it made up!
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have been in the UK to join you all, it sounds like heaps of fun!

    I'm drooling over that skull pansies print - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you bought the pansy print! I very nearly bought that and am not quite sure why I didn't. It'll make an awesome skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love the skull pansy print! I wish they had such cool fabric at my local shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an amazing slection of fabrics! I can't wait to see your fabulous creations.

    Sadly, the fabulous fabric shops of Goldhawk road are at threat of demolition.
    You can read the full details on Melissa’s blog:

    http://www.fehrtrade.com/article/444/save-goldhwak-road

    Please spread the word,join the facebook group, write to the council and lend your support in any way you can. Otherwise fabric shopping trips to Goldhawk road may sadly become a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...