Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Progress List...

Morning all. I am blogging early so I can drag my sorry self to the library. Something tells me I won't be getting much sewing done this week which is making me a bit tense.
So I figured a progress report will help so I know where I am with each project.
First up is my duck egg cotton. This has been cut for Simplicity 2601 in the end. I have some duck egg swiss dot I got at Goldhawk Rd. I could use for the Violet if I wanted a blue one.
This hasn't got past the cutting stage. But as I've made this before it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to construct.
My Violet shirt is started. I'm getting on really well with it. I'm into the collar stage so it shouldn't take much to finish.
I didn't really talk much about this one. Partly because its fast becoming a UFO. The fabric is beautiful and expensive but I rushed it for the Sew Weekly meetup and the sleeves are appalling. It needs the sleeves taken off and a few bits straightening out, the collar put on and the belt made. I have to get this done as it is a lovely cardigan that I would get a lot of wear out of!
My original plan for this fabric was a different pattern, but since i bought the minty green colourway I reserved it for that pattern instead and went for this in pink with a white collar. This is virtually finished but someone started to sew the collar the wrong way round (DOH)
I did all the finishings first though so no more fiddly bits left on this one.
My Jeans are cut and marked but I had a bit of a freakout about how complex they looked. I have had a look at Peter's Jeans Sewalong posts and a few other bits and bobs but I think I have to be 100% focused to be able to get around to these.
My Lisette Traveller is cut and ready. I'm doing the tunic version with the small collar but making it longer so that I can wear it with leggings.
I know I was trying to resist cutting the Beignet but I couldn't I did it yesterday whilst waiting for an email from my tutor. I just need the interfacing piece cut and this is ready to sew. I was surprised at how difficult the needlecord was to cut. I ironed beforehand but it just kept wrinkling, hopefully this won't affect the pieces too much.
I've prewashed my fabric ready for the Market Sewalong. Just a plain dark purple. I have some cute buttons lined up for the placket too! I personally will be doing Version E but if you want to do a different version be my guest! I might squeeze in the tunic version but I am already pretty swamped!
This is the Jersey for the simple 6874. This is pre washed and drying before its cut out but I think this could be done in an afternoon no problem.
It doesn't look like that much on my rail. Gosh. Here's hoping I get some free time soon!


  1. Wow, you're going to be busy Stevie! The Violet Blouse and Lisette traveller dress are both on my summer list too. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with them. x

  2. I don't think you have enough projects lined up, lol :) They all look like wonderful pieces. I'm looking forward to seeing you model them :)

  3. Nice projects! Those Lisette pieces are in my cue as well.


I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...